Medical Records Summaries and Reviews
Benefits of Medical Records Summary:
Medical record summary/review involves the comprehensive assessment of the medical records of a patient. Professional medical reviewers identify, review, interpret and analyze the various facts in patient medical records. Medical review services benefit busy medical-legal consultants who can focus on more constructive activities. Organizes medical records summary significantly to decrease review time by approximately 25% to 40%.
Customizes and designs processes to suit the clients’ needs and expectations.
How does it work
1. Classify relevant information from each medical record referencing the date of service, type of service, provider of service and place of service information.
2. Sort and index the medical records, decipher, summarize and classify them appropriately.
3. Review information for completeness, accuracy and compliance. Tabulate information from the provided medical records and lay them in an easy to follow format.
4. Develop chronology and time-line specific to client case needs.
5. Provide medical records in an electronic format [imaged and indexed] compatible with the internal application/process flow.
6. Assist in identifying potential missing medical records.
Type of Medical Records Summary
Annotated Index Summary
- An Index with a few words about each record
- Most pertinent Information about the records
- Most in-depth view of the records
- Lab Results Summary
- Abnormal laboratory results, listed into high, low, and critical categories
- Medical Providers Summary
- A listing of the medical personnel mentioned in the medical records
- Medical Administration Records Summary
- "What", "When" and "How" of the medications received by the patient
- Clients can provide their own format and define their own requirements.
- Clients can choose a combination of these reports
- For example
- Sorting + Annotated Summary + Medical Providers List + Lab Results Summary
- Comprehensive Summary + Medical Providers List